Dear Patrons, Donors, and Friends,
Give Miami Day is coming up on November 16, and we ask for your support of Peter London Global Dance Company to keep our Mission alive!
PLGDC was created to provide professional training and performance choreographic opportunities for local dancers, and to present new work commissioned from local dancers who are now performing nationally and internationally. Your generous donation will support PLGDC general programming of community performances as well as educational outreach programs, which include:
· Classes taught by PLGDC company dancer at Liberty City African Cultural Center
· Special children’s performance and Educational Lecture demonstration at Little Haiti Cultural Complex, Liberty City African Cultural Center, Coral Gables Museum, University of Miami Lowe Art Museum, and Miramar Cultural Center/Arts Park
· Arts partnership performances at Adrienne Arsht Center, St. Johns by the Lake, Miami Beach, The Betsy Hotel,Miami Beach, Coral Gables Museum, Little Haiti Cultural Complex, and Miramar Cultural Complex/Arts Park
Of special importance is our production of RHYTHMIC ATLANTIC, PLGDC’s Fifth Anniversary Victoria London (Former Honorary Consul of Romania) Miami Choreographers Showcase at the Adrienne Arsht Center, December 29 – 31, 2017. This exciting performance celebrates innovation and improvisation in the New World, featuring world premieres by Jamar Roberts, Gentry Isaiah George, Melissa Fernandez, Justin Rapaport, and Peter London's DANCES FOR WOMEN and ATLANTIC JOURNEY, which interprets paintings by Joel Gresham. Only your support can make this possible.
Since our 2011 Knight Foundation Challenge Grant in support of our Mission, PLGDC has commissioned new choreography from the following South Florida dancers and brought them home to teach and share their artistry with local dancers and choreographers:
· Jamar Roberts, dancer and choreographer with Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, New York City
· Melissa Fernandez, dancer with Ballet Hispanico, New York City
· Justin Rapaport, dancer with Ballet BC,Vancouver, Canada
· Gentry Isaiah George, founding artistic director of ZEST COLLECTIVE and former dancer with Dance Theater of Harlem and AILEY II
· Sharron Lynn Williams, national model and former dancer with THE LION KING , AILEYII and Donald Byrd
· Armando Gonzalez, dancer with Grand Ballet Theatre de Geneve, Switzerland
· Andrea Murillo, artist with PUNCH DRUNK THEATER, New York City and former dancer with the Martha Graham Dance Company, New York City
· Lazaro Godoy, former dancer with Bern Ballet, Switzerland and local independent choreographer
· Leon Cobb, dancer with the Martha Graham Dance Company, MOMIX, and former dancer with the Jose Limon Dance Company, New York City and dancer with PLGDC
· Jacqueline Bulnes, dancer with Jose Limon Dance Company and former soloist with the Martha Graham Dance Company
· Lloyd Knight, principal dancer with the Martha Graham Dance Company
· Christopher Rudd, founding artistic director of Ruddur Dance, New York City and a former dancer with North Carolina Ballet
· Sasha Caicedo, former principal dancer with PLGDC and currently with THE LION KING, New York City
· Yu-mien Wu, principal dancer with PLGDC
Please visit www.givemiamiday.org and search for Peter London Global Dance Company to make your donation. We thank you in advance for helping PLGDC continue to fulfill its Mission and Vision of training, developing, and showcasing the enormous talent in our community, and bringing their special gift of dance to audiences in South Florida and beyond.
With sincere gratitude,